The objective of the Clean Beach campaign is to clean up the beaches as well as to gather information about the litter found on beaches in question. Clean-up volunteers play a significant role in this process. Keep the Archipelago Tidy continues the work initiated by the MARLIN project by gathering information about the litter along the country’s beaches. We kindly request that all organisers joining the campaign report back to the Association on all litter gathered at their individual clean-up events. Litter reporting is easy:
- Print out litter collection forms for all the volunteers participating in the event.
- The best way to collect and report all litter found is to divide the volunteers into teams of 2-3 persons.
- One person on the team keeps a tally of the collected litter on the form provided. The other member(s) of the team state(s) the type and number of pieces of collected litter.
- Return the completed form to the event organisers.
- The event organiser delivers the forms to the Clean Beach campaign coordinators either by filling out a summary form online or mailing the collected litter collection forms